Garden Design Course
Prepare to be inspired with our 4 week Garden Design and Landscape course
Make designing your garden a fun and exciting experience. This Garden Design course will teach you how to create a fully functional garden that caters to your home and needs.
Whether you are looking to develop your ‘green thumb’ by doing the work yourself, or you are thinking of engaging a landscaping professional, this Garden Design and Landscaping course will give you the confidence to put your own creative stamp on your project and ensure your new garden reflects the style of your home as well as your personality and lifestyle.
This 4 week course has been specifically designed for Home Base by Lisa Passmore – one of Perth’s leading waterwise landscape designers.
Lisa is a third generation Horticulturist and holds a diploma of Horticulture and Landscape Design. Passionate about plants, landscaping and the environment, Lisa is often called upon to give talks to garden groups and associations.
The Home Base Garden Design course is suitable for all levels of garden knowledge and experience. Attendees will learn aspects of garden design and landscape design as well as how to design their own garden – whether you are starting from scratch or looking to update your existing front yard, backyard or even courtyard space.
You will also receive a free comprehensive design file to use as part of the course and as a reference tool when it comes time to begin your own project. A certificate of completion will be presented to each attendee following the final week of the course.
|Location||Home Base Perth|
|Cost||$300 single / $500 double|
The course covers the following:
- Assessing your garden site
- Working out all the assets and liabilities of the site
- Creating a wish list for your new garden
- Explore garden themes and styles
- Discover how to create the look that you want with plants that will work in Perth conditions
- Learn about soil amendments, soil preparation and mulches for your new garden
- Waterwise and sustainable garden principles
- Receive tips from an industry professional on developing clear, detailed, scaled plans
- Current garden design trends
- Technology to assist with design
- Hard landscaping options – including paving and decking
"Excellent / inspirational presenter. The course content was great. Thank you!"
"Really great. Enjoyed each week - full of advice and tips. The best part was the information on soil types - maybe now my plants will have a chance! Thanks."
"Great presenter with wealth of current industry knowledge! Would highly recommend this course."
"Great course and presenter. Very happy with the courses I have undertaken at Home Base."
"Lisa is great! Lots of good resources for reticulation ideas and soil assessment. I especially liked the pictures, videos and book ideas included."