New Home Design and Build Course
If you are thinking of building a new home, don’t make any major decisions before you hear from our experts
The Home Base New Home Design and Build course is the only course in Perth that gives you the opportunity to get quality, independent advice on the process of building a new home – whether you are looking to build with a large scale project builder or custom home builder.
The course is designed to empower you with the knowledge of how the Perth home building industry operates. It will also give you the tools to negotiate on your terms and aims to ensure you have a positive building experience – whether it’s your very first build or you are looking to do it all over again.
To make sure you are prepared for your building journey the course includes an overview of the current Perth housing market, teaches you how to choose a builder and provides plenty of advice for the crucial design and material selections (pre-start) stages of your build.
Plus, learn about the home building process from start to finish – and find out where and how you can save money along the way.
The Home Base New Home Design and Build course is presented by two building industry experts – Tristan Kirkham of New Home Building Brokers and Kristie Hill of Colourcube Interiors.
Building a new home is exciting, but it is also one of the biggest investments you will ever make so it’s important to get it right – and there is no going back once you have the keys in your hand.
The New Home Design and Build course is held as a two week evening course presented over two consecutive Wednesday evenings. Week one will run from 6pm – 8.30pm and week two will run from 6pm – 8pm.
|Cost||$150 single / $180 double|
- Overview of the current Perth housing market and industry forecast
- Selecting the right builder for your budget and project
- Understanding your contract and know what you are signing
- How to read and understand house plans
- How to get more than the ‘standard’ home
- Choosing the right home for your lifestyle
- Setting up a budget and sticking to it
- What to expect during the design process
- The importance of working well with your Local Government Authority
- How to build a new home without blowing the budget
- Preparing for your pre-start meeting
- Interior design principles and making the right material selections
- Expert tips for success
"Thank you for sharing your knowledge, expertise and experiences with us to make us feel better prepared for building our home. A most informative day!"
"Great course and extremely informative, gives a good insight into building practices and the realities associated with them."
"Thank you - very informative."
"All presentations were great and totally worthwhile."
"Wow! Thank you."
"All presenters had something of value to add – and to learn from."
"I can't pick a favourite presenter. They were all excellent in their specialist areas."
"All presenters had different but valuable views and imparted a wealth of knowledge."