New Home Design and Build Course
Independent expert advice for achieving new home building success
If you are thinking about building, or are in the early stages of a new build project, the New Home Design and Build course will give you the knowledge and skills required for a positive experience – and ensure you get the home you set out to build.
This is your opportunity to get quality, independent advice on the process of building a new home – whether you are looking to build with a project builder or custom home builder.
The course is designed to empower you with the knowledge of how the WA building industry operates. It will also teach you how to select a builder and provides plenty of advice for the crucial design and material selections (pre-start) stages of your build.
Week one is presented by housing industry judge and building industry advocate Tristan Kirkham.
Week two is presented by interior designer Kristie Hill of Colourcube Interiors.
Course structure: The New Home Design and Build course is presented as a two week evening course held over two consecutive Wednesday evenings (6pm – 8.30pm).
|Time||6pm to 8.30pm|
|Cost||$160 single | $200 double|
|Payment Options||Visa | Mastercard | Afterpay|
- Overview of the current Perth housing market, latest news and forecast
- Land and siteworks
- How to choose a builder
- Project builders vs. private builders
- Building inspections
- Working with your Council
- Preparing for your pre-start meeting
- A guide to reading your plans
- A guide to your electrical plan
- Documentation – addenda/variations
- How to budget for both the build and finishes
- Current trends and upgrade options – interiors
- Current trends and upgrade options – exteriors
- Creating a functional home and expert design tips
- Q&A – your design questions answered
"Recommending course to anyone contemplating building - outlines a roadmap to success."
"Thank you Tristan and Kristie! Excellent presentation."
"Loved both weeks. The knowledge gained in this course is incredible. Saves so much trouble and risk down the road - and you end up with a more functional, aesthetic and efficient home!"
"Excellent presentations. Thank you so much."
"It was fantastic!! Such great advice. Neutral advice. Incredibly cost effective. I am attending the Sustainable Design and Build course and expect it will build on this course well."