Owner-Builder Approvals Process Course
Gain an insight into the Owner-Builder Approvals Process
The Home Base Owner-Builder Approvals Process Course has been specifically designed to follow on from our Owner-Builder course and will navigate you through the often complicated approvals and documentation stages of owner-building.
The course is presented by Western Australia Building Certifiers & Assessors (WABCA), who specialise in facilitating building approvals throughout the state.
The 2.5 hour course covers a variety of topics relating to approvals, all aimed at the successful planning of your proposed project – to avoid unexpected and often costly delays.
With new laws enacted in 2012 regarding the application process, this course will guide you through the important initial stages – all with the aim to build a better home.
The final part of the course will be a dedicated question and answer session, to tackle any questions you may have regarding the application stages of owner-building.
|Cost||$60 single / $80 double|
- Understanding the Building Certification Process
- How to avoid delays in commencement of your project
- How to achieve design compliance in accordance with new laws
- The pros and cons of Certified and Uncertified applications
- Explanation of the fees and costs involved
- Time frames that you will need to be aware of
- Documentation and reports
- Relevant Codes and Standards
- Additional approvals – swimming pools, fences, driveways etc.
- Additional considerations – eg. access for the disabled