Avoid the pitfalls of owner building and successfully build your own home!
An Owner-Builder is a person who constructs or renovates a domestic dwelling on his or her own land and who is not already a registered builder.
Owner-Builders (or Self Builders) gain great satisfaction out of building their own home by having more control over the quality and materials used in their new home. Owner-Builders can save up to 20% to 30% in registered builder’s commission fees. However being responsible for building your own home can be challenging, complicated and involves taking on significant legal and financial risks & responsibilities.
The Owner-Builder Course is designed to introduce you to the domestic construction process as well as the process of becoming an owner-builder, your duties and responsibilities under the law, plus the pro’s and con’s of building your own home.
Get a real life insight into the process of owner building your own home in Western Australia.
|Cost||$230 single / $300 double|
- What is an Owner-Builder and what can I build?
- Owner-Builder Responsibilities
- Planning and documentation
- How to succeed as an owner-builder
- Employing subcontractors
- Design considerations
- The construction process – step by step
- Owner-Builder finance
- Obtaining accurate estimates
- Budgeting and cost control
- Site safety
- How to avoid the pitfalls
- Site management and work flow coordination
- How much will I save?