Sustainable Design and Build Course
Discover the materials and methods involved in planning, designing and building a sustainable and energy efficient home
Whether you are building new, owner-building or thinking about a substantial renovation, the Sustainable Design and Build course will guide you through the planning and building process – ensuring you have the knowledge required to create a sustainable, efficient home without compromising on design.
Gain an understanding of 7 star + home design and explore the conventional and increasingly popular range of alternative options available for residential construction.
|Duration||Half Day OR Two Weeks|
|Cost||$160 single | $220 double | $280 triple|
|Payment Options||Visa | Mastercard | Afterpay|
Part One (or week one for multi-week course)
- Energy efficiency
- Legislation and compliance
- 7 Star requirements
- Climate zones/thermal assessments
- Designing for winter sun and summer breezes
- Heating and cooling your home
- Glazing options
- Building structure and insulation
- Lighting, water heating and electrical
- Case study: local building project
Part Two (or week two for multi-week course)
- Sustainability – what is it?
- Life cycle thinking
- Regulation and compliance
- Double brick, brick veneer and reverse brick veneer
- Concrete blocks
- Timber framed construction
- Precast concrete panels, SIPs, ICFs and Autoclaved Aerated Concrete
- Roof material options
- Windows and glazing
- Where to get help/professional assistance
"I learnt how much I still need to know. Thank you!"
"Very useful and the resources provided will be invaluable."
"Great course and presenters. Useful insights and tips. Thank you."
"Learnt a lot, very interesting, helpful information, makes me want to learn more about the construction industry."
"Great course. Both parts one and two complemented each other. I particularly enjoyed the first component as I am interested in passive home design."
"Very enthusiastic and knowledgeable presenters!"
"Presenters encouraged questions and were easy to talk to."
"Up to date, valuable, informative. Helpful presenters."
"Course materials and information booklets provided were very helpful."